Information regarding directions to the trailhead, what to bring, etc.
What does YHG provide?
- Bear spray
- Light backpack for your personal gear
- Trekking poles
- Optic gear for the trail
- Gourmet lunch and breakfast snacks
- Knowledgeable and professional guide to safely guide you off the beaten path
What do you need to bring?
- Water bottle (we recommend two liters per person)
- Rain jacket
- Extra fleece jacket/layer
- Sun protection (hat/sunscreen/sunglasses)
- Bug spray
- Camera and smile!
Are YHG hikes family friendly?
YES! YHG hikers have ranged from 18-months-old to 83-years-old. We hike as fast as the slowest hiker in the group; no hiker left behind.
How fit do you need to be to go on a YHG hike?
YHG hikers are all fitness levels. Our Lamar Valley Safari Hike is our easiest option; six miles with minimal elevation gain and loss at times. The Bunsen Peak Vista Hike is our most strenuous option; seven miles with 1,200 ft elevation gain and loss summiting the peak. Our Lone Star Geyser Hike is a more moderate hike; seven miles with 600 ft elevation gain and loss throughout the hike.
What is the typical group size for YHG hikes?
Our typical group size is 8-10 hikers. Group sizes can be as large as 15 hikers. Private hikes can be arranged.